Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Funnies: Mr. Bean

If there's one thing I really love to do it is laugh. And Rowan Atkinson can surely make me do that.

I was first introduced to him when I managed to catch his one man show Rowan Atkinson, Live! on late night television many, many years ago. I absolutely fell in love with him and his comedy then and I have loved everything he's done since.

Mr. Atkinson is probably best known around the world as the rarely-speaking, easy-to-get-into-trouble Mr. Bean. There were only 14 episodes of the live action Mr. Bean series ever made so considering the popularity of Mr. Bean, I think that says a lot!

For this weeks Sunday Funny I have chosen a clip from one of my favorite Mr. Bean live action episodes. This clip is from Mr. Bean in Room 426. For whatever reason, Mr. Bean is spending a couple of days in a hotel. Apparently, for reasons only known to the strange mind of Mr. Bean, he feels the need to compete with the man in the room next to his. When his "competitor" heads to the dining room Mr. Bean is close behind. He vows he will eat more food faster than his competitor. And he does. But there is a problem. The oysters he eats aren't exactly good so Mr. Bean ends up paying for his competitive ways.

He wakes up a little after midnight after a hard night of being ill to the sound of a loud television in the room next to his. Of course, he wants that noise stopped so he goes next door to complain. Should be easy enough, right? Well, not exactly. Nothing really is easy with Mr. Bean, is it?

Enjoy this Sunday Funny and, if you've got the time, take a chance to view more videos upped by this user: the Official Mr. Bean YouTube Channel! You'll find clips from the live action Mr. Bean series and the animated Mr. Bean series (which is just as great as the live action). There are over 300 videos there to enjoy in all.

Happy laughing! (I know you will!)

No comments:

Post a Comment