Saturday, June 26, 2010

Music: Jeffree Star "Beauty Killer"

This isn't a music blog but since I've got the whole potpourri thing going I figure it's alright to make a mention of a song every now and then.

I have an awesome friend who is constantly introducing me to new music that, in all honesty, I never would have known about otherwise.  This is one of the new songs that I definitely wouldn't have ever heard.

Beauty Killer is a new song by Jeffree Star.  This genre of music isn't usually my cup of tea but the chorus to this song is infectious.  Once you hear it, it will get into your head and you'll find yourself humming it later.  Since hearing it, I've had it running through my head and have caught myself singing "I'm a beauty killer" at odd times throughout the day.  I can see this song being very popular in clubs and would be quite surprised if there won't eventually be numerous "DJ remixes" of it showing up around the Internet.

The video is scenes of Jeffree Star wearing pink, blue and blond hair and blue and purple contact lenses intermixed with Star showing off the ladies he has tattooed on his body including the late Princess Diana and Audrey Hepburn.  As with Star's video for Get Away With Murder, the Beauty Killer video is creatively unique and striking and a video you will most definitely remember after seeing.

It's safe to say I really like Beauty Killer so, thank you, awesome friend.  ;-)



Jeffree Star Official Facebook Page
Jeffree Star Official YouTube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment