Thursday, July 29, 2010

Australian Television: City Homicide, Episode 4.4 "Protection"

City Homicide
Season Four, Episode Four, Protection
Original Air Date:  July 28, 2010


A bodyguard and his client are murdered by a masked gunman.  The detectives must unravel the mystery of who the client really was and why someone would want him dead.  They aren't the only ones investigating the crime.  The bodyguards best mate is also wanting to know who killed his mate and why and make them pay for it.  Meanwhile, Matt and Emma are having problems.

Detective Kingston is quite tough in this episode.  She's definitely got a kick-in-the-door style about her!  I know a lot of viewers don't like Kingston but I do.  I've liked her from the get go.  She had a rocky start in Homicide but Kingston has certainly learned a lot since first stepping in blood at her very first homicide crime scene.

I've never cared for Superintendent Beck.  He's always seemed like a creepy and shady figure to me and a totally bent cop.  We learn the truth about him in this episode.

I've liked Terry Jarvis from the second he first appeared on the show.  He doesn't care what he says or who he says it to.  He's always proven himself to be sharp and on top of everything.  Protection only served to strengthen my liking of him. 

We're through two episodes now without Simon Joyner and you know what?  The show is as strong and interesting as it was with him in it.  Sure, I miss Simon but the high quality of the writing and acting allows actors to come and go and the show remain top-notch.  Season four is off to a good start, I think.  I'm looking forward to next weeks episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment