Thursday, October 21, 2010

El Camino del Rey 2010 HD: Balance

This amazed me. 

I'll admit, I'm horribly afraid of heights so this is something I could never, never, ever (did I mention never, ever?) do.  Ever.  I'm in awe of people who can do these sorts of things because they have to have nerves of steel, incredible patience and absolutely no fear of anything. 

I think what got me the most was the guy walking on the bare rail. 

I don't know who filmed the video or any other particulars about it and the site linked to from You Tube is in Japanese.  If anyone has any info on this at all, please do post about it in the comments.  I'd love to know more about it!

It's simply amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your blog and the Camino Del Rey video somewhat by accident about three weeks ago. Last week I did it, it's amazing, but not as scary as the video suggests. The open rail sections are not as long as they appear to be, nevertheless there's an awful lot of thin air (100 m) underneath! The safety cables are maintained by local guides and a climbing shop, so are secure. Incidentally, it's perfectly legal to walk it, but not to gain access via the railway line for which there is a very heavy fine.
    Were it not for your blog, I might not have known about it, so many thanks!
    Chris (age 67y ... life in them there bones yet)

    ReplyDelete